The vineyards of Bodegas Bordoy occupy land that lies on a sub-soil of marès, a type of rock commonly found in the coastal areas of Llucmajor and Mallorca. Beneath the sandstone rock lie deeper and older strata, with layers of marine sediments with a rich variety of micro flora and fauna. Tiny fossils, skeletons of microscopic creatures or parts of other larger beings that are too small to see, the microfossils. With countless forms and many colours, they are natural wonders that can only be observed under a magnifying glass or microscope.
Sa Rota young line
Chardonnay (81%), Giró Ros (13%) and Prensal (6%)
- Alcohol content: 13% vol.
- Acidity: 5,95 g/L
- Sugar: <2 g/L
- Annual Production: 20.000 bottles
- Colour Pale yellow, golden reflections
- Aroma: Ripe fruit, white flesh fruit (pear, melon), tropical fruit, floral notes.
- Palate: Soft, fruity and fresh.
- Gastronomy: Serve between 8-10ºC. Rice dishes, fish, shellfish.
Cabernet Sauvingnon (54%), Merlot (31%) and Callet (15%)
- Alcohol content: 14% vol.
- Acidity: 5.7 g/L
- Sugar: 2 g/L
- Annual Production: 18,000 bottles
- Colour Intense raspberry red
- Aroma: Fresh red fruit, cherries, strawberries.
- Palate: Fresh, rounded and fruity
- Gastronomy: Serve between 8-10ºC. Pasta dishes, pizza, rice dishes.
Cabernet Sauvingnon (53%), Syrah ( 25%), Merlot (19%) and Callet (2%)
- Alcohol content: 13.4% vol.
- Acidity: 5.7 g/L
- Sugar: < 2 g/L
- Annual Production: 13,000 bottles
- Colour Cherry with violet reflections, medium-high density.
- Aroma: Red fruit (blackberries) and notes of green pepper.
- Palate: Fresh, fruity and medium structures.
- Gastronomy: Serve between 16-18ºC. Cold meats, sobrasada, semi-cured cheeses.
Sa rota selection line
Rotas or rotes were sections of woodland, hillside or uncultivated land with a surface area of one cuarterada (approximately 7,000 m 2 ) and part of an estate. Documents have been found dating back to the 15 th and 16 th centuries referring to the existence of rotes and roters in the Marina de Llucmajor district. Roters were peasants who tended and cultivated these plots in exchange for giving part of the harvest to the owner of the estate. The Bodegas Bordoy vineyards are found in one of these rotes, which formerly belonged to the Sa Torre estate.
Visible on the wine label is a bird’s eye view of the present-day shape of the plots adjacent to those of the Bodegas Bordoy vineyards.
Chardonnay (56%) , Giró Ros (39%) and Prensal Blanc (5%)
- Barrel: 7 months
- Alcohol: 12.4% vol.
- Total acidity: 5 g/L
- Sugar: 0.61 g/L
- Annual Production: 1,500 bottles
- Colour: Bright yellow with gold reflections.
- Aroma: High intensity with hints of tropical fruit (pineapple), traces of citric and white
flowers on creamy toasted notes.
- Palate: Greasy, generous with a lot of volume and structure..
- Gastronomy: Serve between 10-12°c. White meat, legumes, foie gras.
Merlot (46%), Cabernet Sauvignon (39%), Syrah (14%) and Callet (1%)
- Barrel: 12 months
- Alcohol: 14% vol.
- Total acidity: 6 g/L
- Sugar: < 1 g/L
- Annual Production: 40,000 bottles
- Colour: Cherry red, ruby reflections.
- Aroma: Complex aroma with red fruit, fine toasted and mediterranean herbs notes.
- Palate: Kind entrance, tannins present, but polished. Smooth, well balanced.
- Gastronomy: Serve between 16-18°c. Stewed meats, suckling pig.
Cabernet Sauvingnon (75%) and Merlot (25%)
- Barrel: 24 months
- Alcohol: 13.7% vol.
- Total acidity: 6.1 g/L
- Sugar: < 0.59 g/L
- Annual Production: 2,500 bottles
Colour: Red Cherry with ruby tinges and half layer.
Aroma: Intense aroma with the presence of tertiary notes (leather, tobacco…) and balsamic that form a great bouquet.
Palate: A well-polished medium astrin- gent in the bottle with velvety tannins and an agreeable end.
- Gastronomy: Serve between 16-18°c. Red meat, game.
- Alcohol: 14,0% vol.
- Total acidity: 6.3 g/L
- Sugar: 95 g/L
Colour: Beautiful cherry red with violet reflections.
Aroma: Intense red fruit aromas (Blue- berry jam).
Palate: Tasty, with an acidity that gives it freshness and good structure.
- Gastronomy: Serve between 10-12°c. Ideal with chocolate-based desserts. Also as an aperitif.